• Monitoring trending business stories
• Sourcing ideas for exclusive stories
• Sourcing comments from experts, entrepreneurs
• Writing and publishing business stories that resonate with our audience (including news articles, market overviews, interviews, analysis and feature articles about business)
• Posting your articles to Facebook
• Participating in all activities related to business content direction (including the newsletters, promo and distribution of content).
• Degree or Diploma in journalism/media studies or related field
• Considerable experience in journalism and writing business content
• Passion for writing business content and good understanding of South African business news
• Impeccable communication and interviewing skills, both written and verbal
• Strong contacts in business world
• Strategic and analytical thinker
• Ability to go the extra mile
• Self-driven individual with strong desire to constantly learn and adapt
• Good time management and work organisation skills
• Work under minimal supervision
• Ability to churn out articles in perfect English
• Ability to work remotely (good internet connection and a laptop, minimum Intel Core i3).
WHY JOIN US:
• Competitive salaries
• Friendly working environment and highly skilled team
• Unlimited opportunities to learn and grow; you will be able to launch and then head the whole business vertical
• Opportunity to interact with some of the best in the industry
• Exclusive access to the advanced technologies and tools.
Briefly News is a part of a global consumer internet company, Genesis, that is number one in each of the markets it operates in.